WSU International Office, all International students must follow the following procedure when applying for admission at Walter Sisulu University.
All international students are to apply for evaluation of qualifications through South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and Higher Education South Africa (HESA). For further information, send email enquiries to email@example.com
- Complete a WSU application form for admission.
- Submit a transcript in English plus certified copies of your certificates, diplomas, degrees previously obtained.
- Submit certified copy of your passport.
- Submit a marriage or divorce decree(s).
- Submit the identity document for a parent or legal guardian if less than 21 years.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee
You can download an application form and view course guide (prospectus) on our website www.wsu.ac.za.
All international students must be in possession of a valid study permit before they register at Walter Sisulu University. Study permits are issued by South African High Commission or South African Embassy of the student’s home country.
These are some of the documents that will be needed for the study permit application.
- A letter of acceptance
- Valid passport
- 2 identity photographs
- Administration fee determined and payable to respective embassies
- A deposit slip, or bank statement. Students from other African countries are not required to pay this deposit provided that the Government of their country submit a written undertaking to pay all costs relating to deportation of the student should it become necessary
- Proof of sufficient funds for tuition, accommodation and living costs [bank statement, pay slip, or undertaking by a sponsor]
- Proof of Medical Aid cover
- A Police clearance certificate [less than 6 months]
- Medical and radiological reports [less than 6 months old]
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate [if relevant]
- Relevant certificates if married, widowed, divorced, or separated
A study permit is now issued for a period of study and therefore must be renewed at least 30 days before the expiry date. It can be renewed at the Department of Home Affairs anywhere in South Africa. No applications will be accepted by the department of Home Affairs after the expiry date.
The following documents are to be submitted when applying for a study permit renewal:
- Valid passport
- Valid study permit
- Administration fee
- Confirmation letter from the institution stating the duration of studies
- Proof of funds [bank statements, pay slip or letter of undertaking from sponsor if applicable]
- Police clearance certificate [less than 6 months from each country the applicant have resided for longer a year]
- Medical and radiology reports [ less than 6 months]
- Yellow fever vaccination if applicable
- Proof of residence during your period of study
- Deportation guarantee.