CPUT Project Management
CPUT Project Management,
Who should attend
- Anyone in the private or public sectors concerned with the management of projects and the management of change.
- Project managers and project leaders who wish to formalise or improve their project management skills.
- New project managers who wish to make a career out of managing projects.
The majority of projects are not completed within time and budget and rarely do they deliver the degree of quality prescribed. The objective of this course is to provide managers of projects with the necessary skills to address these problem areas. It cannot be assumed that project managers necessarily possess these skills, and this part-time evening course allows for anyone concerned with the management of all types of projects, including IT and public and private service delivery, the opportunity to acquire project management skills.
- Managing the dynamics of technological change through project management.
- Project management: this century.
- The strategic and operational management process.
- Management by objectives and exception.
- A general model of project management.
- The job of a project manager.
- Managing by projects.
- Human resource management and leadership.
- Project integration and scope management.
- Project planning, scheduling and controlling.
- Project time, cost and quality management.
- Project risk and communications management.
Assessment and certification
Continuous evaluation based on a project assignment.
A Certificate in Project Management will be awarded to successful participants
Bellville Campus: Mr N Paulsen
Cape Town Campus: Mr Errol Francke.
Venue of tuition
Bellville Campus: Education Building
Cape Town Campus: Engineering Building
Dates and times
Enrolment will take place in the Education Building,
on Wednesday 30 Jan 2013
|Commencement:||05 Feb – 18 Apr 2013|
|Time:||18:00 – 20:00 ( Tuesdays & Thursdays)|
Personal enrolment will take place at the Centre for Continuing Education Building,
Cnr Tenant & Caledon Streets, opposite Cape Town Campus, next to Parking Lot.
On Wednesday 30Jan 2013
|Commencement:||06 Feb – @4 Apr 2013|
|Time:||17:30 – 20:00 (Mondays)|
|Duration:||40 hours, comprising a 2hrs 30 min session every Monday for 16 weeks.|
R5 200 Payable in full on registration.
Enquiries (Points of delivery)
Centre for Continuing Education
Symphony Road, Bellville South
P O Box 1906, Bellville
Telephone: +27 21 959 6412
Fax: +27 21 959 6107
Contact persons: Lee Ann Hopley
Cape Town Campus
Cnr Tenant and Caledon Streets
Telephone: +27 21 460 3080
Fax: +27 21 460 3709
Contact persons: Papama Mtshiyo
Project Management 1
Ms. Siphelele Mndebele, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 0214603900
Time, cost and quality management. Project risk and communications management. Leadership and project, HR management. Procurement. During the course week delegates complete practical project assignments. Towards the end of the course delegates are assigned to a work-related project to be completed within set criteria. This project is due within a maximum of 30 days after course completion. Please note that this course is theoretical application – this course exclude the Microsoft Project software module
Project Management and Management
Our vision is to be the leading provider of competent management graduates.
The department’s mission is to:
- Ensure relevant and qualitative teaching and learning practices;
- Strengthen industry partnerships;
- Participate in research and continuous staff development, and
- Facilitate relevant community engagement.
Course Information and Fees
BTech: (Baccalaureus Technologiae)
For all Certificate, Diploma and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
General admission requirements
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
Additional admission requirements
For all Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
Postgraduate admission requirements
The fees for 2018 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.