Damelin Upgrade Matric, Completing matric is a huge step that takes a lot of work and studying. The pressure piles on. If you didn’t achieve the kind of results you had hoped – don’t despair. The positive in this situation is that you’ve made it through high school. If you’re not sure about the next step forward, perhaps you should consider what you need your marks to do for you.
How Do I Upgrade My Marks?Damelin offers a course that allows students who have already achieved their National Senior Certificate, the opportunity to upgrade their marks in order to apply towards a course with particular entrance requirements.
The revised Grade 12 course is only one year and you will be required to submit assessments to the college for marking. The marks for these assessments do not count towards your final examination mark. However, Damelin encourages students to complete and submit all the assessments so that the tutors can provide you with feedback regarding your progress.
In order to complete the course, you will need to take six subjects for the year. You can choose these from the tables provided below.
This is how choosing your subjects will work:
- You must choose two official languages from Group A (one Home Language [HL] and one First Additional Language [FAL]).
- You will then choose four other subjects from the tables in Group B.
|Afrikaans Huistaal (HT)|
|Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal (EAT)|
|English Home Language (HL)|
|English First Additional Language (FAL)|
|isiXhosa Home Language (HL)|
Table B1: Agricultural
Table B2: Business, Commerce and Management Studies
Table B3: Human and Social Studies
Table B4: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences
You can enroll to do the Senior Certificate with the following:
- You are eligible to enrol if you are 21 years old and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate Grade 12:
- You will be required to provide a certified copy of your Senior Certificate Statement of Results as proof of having completed some subjects on the Senior Certificate.
- You are eligible to enrol if you are 21 years old and older, and you have completed one of the following qualifications:
- Passed Grade 9
- Completed a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) for Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET)
- Completed NQF Level 1
- Completed Grade 10 / Grade 11
- Completed an equivalent qualification.
- You will be required to provide a certified copy of the qualification at this level.
- You are eligible if you are repeating your National Senior Certificate and you are a part-time candidate 21 years old and older.
- Your National Senior Certificate Statement of Results will be required.
- If you are an out-of-school learner 18–21 years old, who could not complete your school education and wish to further your education and training.
- You must obtain approval from the Provincial Head of Education (an official letter from the Department of Basic Education which indicates approval will be required)
How do I apply?
Contact Damelin on: 0860 61 61 61
Or email your query to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: There is no online application for this course. You will need to contact Damelin directly to find out more and to access the application form. You can also fill in the form below and DCC will contact you as soon as they can.
Revised Senior Certificate – Grade 12
The Senior Certificate will be obtained after you have successfully completed the Grade 12 Revised Senior Certificate after sitting for the Grade 12 examinations. These examinations are administered by the Department of Basic Education, and the Certificate is awarded by UMALUSI.