UKZN Registration 2022, Registration for the University of KwaZulu-Natal 2022 academic year will take place online and students can also register from home or in dedicated computer labs on each of the five campuses. Self-help/online registration (mainly for returning students) will take place from 8 January onwards.
Registration will be online. Students can register from home or in dedicated LANs on campus. Information about registration dates; venues; fees and payment; orientation and parents’ day will be available on the college websites at:
Kindly click on your college of choice for detailed information
- Registration is done online and will take place between January to February. You will be given more information about registration during orientation time.
- Please check the information in your Application Acceptance Pack for your registration times, venues and the specific campus.
- If you know the modules you would like to register for, you can use self-help/online registration to capture your modules directly onto the system. However, we recommend that you come to orientation for advice and help.
UKZN has two methods of applying.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
2. Paper-based application- Click here