DUT Online Application, Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at various times through the year, depending on study choice.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
How to Apply Online
We hope that the information provided will enable you to make an informed decision about applying to DUT. To help you get the most out of the information provided, here are a few key points you should bear in mind:
- Identify the course you wish to study. Programmes offered can be found in the Department Handbooks.
- The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the DUT for a South African applicant is a Senior Certificate or a recognized equivalent qualification. Over and above the minimum entrance requirements, each department also sets specific entrance requirements.
- With effect from 1 January 2009 the following are the entrance requirements :
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education and Training provided that a minimum of 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects must be passed.
- These four subjects must:
- include English with an achievement rating of 3 or better;
- not exceed 2 official languages; and
- have an achievement rating of 3 or better, in accordance with the NSC levels of achievement below:
- International applicants are required to check the International Brochure for detailed information on the admission process.
You can apply to DUT through the CAO application portal. All prospective students will be able to apply through this system.
Please complete the CAO application form, and attach certified copies of your identity document and Grade 12 certificate (or final Grade 11, June/ Trial Grade 12 report if you have not written your final examination). The application form must reach the CAO office before the closing date of 31 October. Please refer to specific programmes for relevant closing dates, as some programmes close earlier than 31 October. Include the appropriate application fee of R220 (non-refundable) when submitting your application form. Make sure that your application AND fee reach the CAO before the closing date. Submission of a completed application form does not imply that you have been accepted as a student, or that you may register. All applicants will be notified, in writing, of the outcome of their application. The CAO provides an on-line application facility. Kindly consult the CAO webpage at www.cao.ac.za
Apply to DUT Residence
NOTE: You’ll need to be accepted into your faculty before you’ll be able to apply for student accommodation.
Application Fees for DUT
All South African applicants will need to pay an application fee of R200.
International applicants will need to pay an R250.
Applicants who submit their application after 31 October, will need to pay a fee of:
R400 (South Africans)
Submitting of Results and Documents
You will need to make sure that you submit your latest academic records when applying. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals. Are you a transferring student? If yes, ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible. All documents will need to be uploaded so be sure you have them scanned and ready when applying.
NOTE: Once you have completed your application and have a student number, you can check your application status on CAO.
Contact Durban University of Technology:
For more information on how to apply to DUT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the DUT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 031 373 2000