UWC Online, Before you follow the UWC Online Application Process, please make sure you:
1. Meet the minimum admission requirements for the programme/s you wish to apply to. Visit Academia for further assistance in this regard.
2. Apply for exemption by following the USAf Application for Exemption Process or apply to have your Foreign Qualifications Evaluated by SAQA in the case of Postgraduate Programmes. Visit EVALUATION for further assistance in this regard.
Note: Since your application depend on either USAf Exemption or a SAQA Evaluation Certificate and in some cases both, we will not be able to process you application until the appropriate evidence from USAf or SAQA is supplied.
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE
- To apply online, go to: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2018
- Applications for BCHD close on 31 August 2018
STEP 2 – ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – UPLOAD SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- To upload supporting documents, go to https://form.myjotform.com/81221243060541 complete the form and upload required documents
- Current Matriculants, do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – OFFER TO STUDY
- Current Matriculants may be made a PROVISIONAL offer IN 2018 (a provisional offer is not a guarantee of a place to study at the University).
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2019
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2019.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details
UWC Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of September.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how here.
Manage online content and sustain the UWC portal by applying best online and social media practices
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON UWC ONLINE SERVICES PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW