NWU Grade r Diploma
NWU Grade r Diploma,
After successful completion of the UnivPrep Grade R programme, prospective students wishing to enrol for the formal Grade R Diploma in Teaching, will be expected to provide evidence that he/she is appointed at a school as a Grade R practitioner or teaching assistant in a Grade-R class in order to be considered for admission to formal Grade R Diploma study.
The formal Grade R Diploma in Teaching is being offered by the NWU by means of distance education only.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) certified by Umalusi with admission to Higher Certificate study, or equivalent qualification OR
- Senior Certificate passed with an achievement of 40% in three subjects of which one must be a recognized subject on the Higher Grade
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Personal access to Internet by means of a computer or laptop
- It is COMPULSORY, and the responsibility of the student to obtain the necessary technology such as a computer and mobile phone that meet the minimum specifications of the NWU namely: Wi-Fi enabled, Windows, Android- or Apple operating system, 3G enabled (preferably) and 32 Gig (preferably).
Note: To be considered for admission to the UnivPrep Grade R programme, applicants do not have to be appointed at a school as a Grade R practitioner or teaching assistant in a Grade-R class.
MODULES AND DEVELOPMENT
Academic Modules: compulsory
- Teaching and Learning (1st & 2nd Semester)
- Fundamentals of Mathematics Teaching and Learning Gr R (1st & 2nd semester)
- Fundamental Academic Literacy and Support (1st semester)
- Technology & Computer Literacy for Educators (1st semester)
- Closing date for applications: 20 November 2017.
- The programme will run from January 2018 at which time the full academic calendar will be provided.
- Assignments should be submitted as per the academic calendar.
- Examinations will take place during June/July 2018 and October/November 2018. Examinations are conducted at NWU examination centres nationwide.
Price: R9 500.00
Fee includes all study guides, textbooks, contact classes and e-Learning support.
- The total programme fee for 2018 is R9 500.00
- A non-refundable minimum registration fee of R4 000.00 must be paid by NO LATER THAN 1 December 2017 in order to be registered for the programme.
- Details regarding the registration process will be communicated to successful applicants.
- The balance of R5 500.00 (due after registration) is strictly payable in 6 monthly instalments, from January – June 2018.