UFH Geology Department, the University of Fort Hare, Faculties of Science and Agriculture and Law seeks to fill nGAP Lecturer posts These are permanent posts funded from the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as part of the New Generation of Academics Programme (nGAP). The nGAP involves the recruitment, support and retention of highly capable young scholars as new academics in the disciplines below.
- PhD degree in fundamental geology or applied geology.
- Teaching and research experience in geology.
- Research and publication record commensurate with the level of appointment.
- Ability to attract and supervise postgraduate students.
- Good teamwork, communication, commitment and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide academic leadership.
- Ability to raise research funds.
- Teach fundamental geology and applied geology courses at undergraduate and Honours levels.
- Ability to teach a wide range of geology courses including Mineralogy/Petrology, Economic Geology/Ore-Deposits, or Geohydrology/Engineering Geology, and Basis Analysis.
- Organise and lead field trips.
- Initiate research projects and raise research funds from academic and industrial grant providers.
- Undertake academic research and publish results in accredited journals.
- Participate in community engagement.
For more information, please contact Dr K Madi on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus. The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile. The University reserves the right NOT to appoint