MUT Library, the use of the library is restricted to official opening hours as displayed out side the entrance to the library and as published in the University calendar.
The use of the library is restricted to official opening hours as displayed out side the entrance to the library and as published in the University calendar. Any changes will be advertised well in advance.
|ACADEMIC PERIODOPENING HOURS||EXAMINATION PERIODOPENING HOURS|
|Monday – Thursday : 8:30 – 21:00|
Friday : 8:30 – 18:00
Saturday : 8:00 – 18:00
Sunday : 10: 00- 18:00
|Monday – Thursday : 08:30 – 23:00|
Friday : 08:30 – 18:00
Saturday : 08:30 – 18:00
Sunday : 10:00 – 18:00
|VIDEO LIBRARYOPENING HOURS|
|Monday – Thursday : 8:30 – 21:00|
Friday : 8:30 18:00
Saturday : 8:30 -18:00
|Monday – Thursday : 8:30 – 16:00|
Friday : 8:30 13:00
• There are subject librarian for each faculty
• Advice and guidance about how to get started with your assignments or projects
• Find out about other useful additional study materials for your specific topics or subjects
• Information literacy training sessions are provided, e.g. how to find e-books and journal articles using academic databases, how to select and evaluate relevant materials.
• There are over 120 computers available
• Produce your student card to check-in at the issue counter
• Spend up to one hour on a computer workstation, further time can be requested
• Instructions for computer usage can be provided
• Feel free to walk in anytime, or you can make an appointment for a group session
• The library has two rooms reserved for discussions
• Discussion rooms are booked at the main Issue counter
• A student card of one member in the group is required
• The discussion rooms maybe for more than one hour if there is no demand
• Students must collect their student cards once they are finished
• Short-loan items include prescribed textbooks, recommended books, notes from lecturers, and past exam papers
• The short-loan section is also called the reserved section
• Borrow one item and use it in the library for no longer than one hour, Items can be renewed for another one hour.
• Material can be used in the study cubicles or copies can be made
• Various titles of cd’s and DVD’s available for all subject areas.
• Advice and guidance about cd’s and DVD’s that may be useful to your work or specific topic or subject is provided.
• workstation to view or listen to the material is available or else, you can bring your own laptop and headphones
• items may not be copied
Loan periods and fines
• Five Books can be borrowed for a period of 14 days
• Books can be renewed for a further 14 days
• Every overdue book accumulates a fine of R2 per day.
• Short loan items accumulates a fine of R5 per hour
Photocopying and printing
• Photocopying and printing facilities are provided
• You need a valid student to operate this facility
• Detailed notices on how to operate the machines and load money is found in the library near the machines
• Should you have difficulty do not hesitate to contact circulation staff for assistance
Britannica Online Academic Edition is a global educational source that promote knowledge and learning which provide timely, relevant, and trustworthy information and instructional products used in schools, universities, homes, libraries, and workplaces throughout the world.
Ebscohost is a worldwide leader in providing information access and management solutions through print and electronic journal subscription services. Ebscohost gives access to more than 150 databases and thousands of journals.
Emerald Publishes some of the most important and widely-read journals in the field of marketing and business & management studies. Emerald Engineering showcases practical and theoretical insightful articles, interviews, case studies, viewpoints and more. Emerald Engineering comprises four engineering communities: Advanced Automation; Computational Mathematics; Electronics Manufacture and Packaging; and Materials Science and Engineering.
FirstSearch has a range of electronic reference resources. Global information through WorldCat, a bibliographic database, and ArticleFirst, a multidisciplinary citations database is available on FirstSearch
IEEE is the worldâs largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
LexisNexisÂ® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions to professionals in law firms, corporations, government, law enforcement, tax, accounting, academic institutions and risk and compliance assessment.
NewspaperDirect is an online newspaper platform with over 2,200 publications, from 95 countries in 43 languages. This includes over 45 local South African publications and allows users to view and interact with all publications whilst online
Sabinet facilitates access to full-text online content, addressing diverse information needs. Databases range from items from local and international databases, covering SA legal information, news, engineering, tenders and finding books and articles.
SA ePublications The Sabinet African ePublications (SA ePublications) service has been available online to clients with great success since 2001. This service is the most comprehensive, searchable collection of full-text African electronic journals available on one platform which focuses on information originating from or pertaining to Africa.
Sabinet online legal products and services cover South African legislative information from Gazettes and Bill Tracking to consolidated Acts
ScienceDirect is one of the largest online collections of published scientific research in the world. Produced by Elsevier, it contains over 8.5 million articles from over 2500 journals, including titles such as The Lancet and Cell , and over 6,000 e-books, reference works, book series and handbooks.
Taylor & Francis Group publishes quality peer-reviewed journals under the Routledge and Taylor & Francis imprints. Our journal content is hosted on Taylor & Francis Online, our content platform, where you can browse by subject, drill down to journal level to find the aims, scope and editorial board for each individual title and benefit from saved searching functionality.
WorldCat Local is a webscale discovery solution that delivers single-search-box access to more than 1.138 billion items from MUT libraries and the world’s library collections i.e. Articles; digital items; eBooks; books and evaluative content (Table of content, summaries, cover art, etc.)
Tel: (031) 907 – 7575
P O Box 12363 Jacobs 4026
511 Mangosuthu Highway, Umlazi, 4031