UWC Career Xplora, We introduce to you our new Careers Service management system, UWC Career Xplora.
UWC Career Xplora allows students (and 2016 alumni) to:
- Set up your profile to receive career specific information and notifications
- Create a portfolio demonstrating your interests, skills, achievements that you can share through a QR code or your LinkedIn account.
- Build your CV and Letters of Motivation using the Resume Builder tool (and customise it to different industries)
- Checkout the Employer Directory, new employers are being added weekly, also watch the announcements page to see notices for on campus recruiter events (second term onwards)
- Select and follow your “favourite” employers
- Receive Job Blast alerts via the system
- Link your Google calendar for reminders for on-campus Careers Service events (don’t miss the next Career Xpo)
- Sharpen your interview skills using the Mock Interview tool
- Chat live with UWC Careers Service staff
So how do you go about getting a Career Xplora account of your own? Not to worry – if you were a registered student in 2016, one has actually already been created for you! (And if you’re a new student in 2018, that’s okay – you have access and can log in).
Username: Your UWC Student Number
Password: Date of Birth (YYYY/MM/DD) or your ID Number
Visit the system often – new positions, resources and career events will be shared regularly through Career Xplora!
If you need assistance using the system – view the tutorial videos on our Careers Service YouTube channel, visit the Office for Student Development or reach out to us via the CHAT to ADVISOR feature on your UWC CAREER XPLORA Homepage or give us a telephone call on 021 959 2436 during University office hours.