UP Financial Aid
UP Financial Aid,
Financial aid online application :How to apply?
Prospective students must first apply for admission to the University. An application for UP study financing may be submitted only after a student number (EMPLID) has been allocated.
Click the “MyTuks login” (UP Portal) at the top navigation bar , find the “Student Centre” portlet and select the “Apply for study finance” link.
Click here to download a step-by-step guide on how to set up your UP Portal password.
Guideline to complete online financial aid application
Waiver of initial fee at registration
1. Conditions for waiver
For registration purposes in 2016, undergraduate students are not required to pay initial fees at registration (i.e. the initial fee is waived), provided that they meet all of the following conditions:
- The student’s application for study finance has been submitted and verified as complete and correct (see Financial Aid application);
- The student has no outstanding fees for previous years of study or has made the necessary arrangements with the University (see Payment Arrangements);
- The student is a South African citizen; and
- The following academic criteria are met:
- New first-year students must have achieved an average percentage of at least 55%.
- All other undergraduate students must have achieved a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 40% for all registered modules in the previous year.
2. Waiver based on individual financial support
For students who do not comply with the conditions listed above, the initial fee for 2016 can be waived if they provide proof of financial support by submitting a confirmation letter from a bursar or sponsor, or a similar arrangement. This applies to both historic and current debt.