University Of Johannesburg Doornfontein Campus, the Doornfontein Campus used to be the Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR), also known as Wits Technikon. It is situated Jphannesburg CBD and borders Hillbrow, Bertrams and New Doornfontein.
It was merged with Rand Afrikaans University and some of the campuses of Vista University to form the University of Johannesburg in 2005.
The Doornfontein Campus comprises of 84 lecture rooms providing 5 142 seats.
- Health & Sciences
- Engineering & the Built Environment
- Diploma Courses (a selection only)
- Engineering – Chemical, Metallurgy, Industrial, Mining, Computer systems.
- Sport – Management, Psychology, Communications, Development
- Town and Regional Planning
- Emergency Medical Care
The residences cccommodate approximately 2 000 students. Each residence has television lounges, games rooms, parking and laundry facilities and either catered or self-catering accommodation.
- Basetsana Day-House
- Dale Lace
- Robin Crest
- Sun Valley
- Rolane Court
- UJ Doornfontein Campus Squash Centre – includes 4 courts and a grand stand.
- Two state-of-the-art Internet Café Style Cyber Centres – access to information technology, the worldwide web, e-mail and educational software.