Damelin Sound Engineering, Large sections of the programme are practical and each campus has at least one state-of-the-art studio of broadcast quality. Industry visits, real recording sessions and live concert projects constitute significant components of this programme. The programme is suitable for learners who would like to enter the audio engineering industry.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- Audio Installation Technician
- Final Mix Production Assistant
- Live System Technical Support Engineer
- Outside Broadcast Technician
- Re-mix/Music Creation Production Engineer
How to get in?
- A learner must have a keen interest in audio, video and production
- Basic computer skills
- Some audio recording knowledge
- Understanding of recording techniques, processes and equipment
- Grade 11
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 80 hours and tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion, the learner will be awarded the Damelin Short Programme Certificate in Sound Engineering Practice.