Damelin Teachers Course, This Grade R online course will develop you to understand the principles required for starting your own Day Care Centre. There are so many practitioners and early childhood development teachers in the field who want to start-up their own businesses, or that are already running a day care centre, but without following the correct procedures. With this course, you will be guided step-by-step to understand the registering process and the way forward after that. At the end of this course, you will be able to understand the process and implementation structure and be able to manage your own day care centre, as well as a Grade R class. You will have sufficient knowledge about the starting point and registration process to register Grade R under regulations through community-based sites, independent schools, private ECD centres and also to register Grade R classes at public ordinary primary schools. You will be able to know why your day care centre needs different policies and a well-balanced curriculum. You will furthermore have knowledge on parent involvement and make use of your own recycled resources.
Affordable Payment Plan.
|TERMS||DEPOSIT||PAYMENT PER MONTH|
|3||R 0||R 2833.33|
|6||R 0||R 1416.67|
Duration: 10 Weeks
Skill level: Beginner
Certificate of Competence
YOUR ONLINE COURSE CHECKLIST
- Cellphone/Email for notifications and communication
- Reliable broadband internet access
- A PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat)
- Microsoft Word/Pages (ability to export documents as PDF files)
- A web browser (latest version) e.g. Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer
- Ability to scan and upload documents
COURSE INTRODUCTION AND MODULE OUTLINE
Foundations of Teaching Grade R Course is a modular online course hosted by Damelin Online.
The modules in this course are designed to teach you how to:
- Demonstrate basic understanding of how to start your own Day Care Centre
- Have knowledge concerning the management of a Grade R site
- Develop the ability to construct and design an admission and safety policy for a Day Care Centre
- Know the difference between the play area inside, and outside of the classroom
- Understand the various options when supporting and reporting to parents
- Understand the language barriers in a Day Care Centre
- Understand how communication should take place
- Understand the use of appropriate resources
Susan is an Early Childhood Education lecturer in the Faculty of Educational Sciences at the North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus). She is the Programme Leader for the Diploma in Grade R Teaching, and coordinates the design and delivery of the work integrated learning modules for distance learning.
She has accumulated years of experience within the training and development field of Early Childhood Development (ECD) and is primarily focused within academia and adult facilitation. Her research interests include early childhood education as well as educational management.
Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development (ECD)
Full-Time I SAQA ID: 64649 (23117) I NQF Level: 5 I Credits: 159 I Course Type: Higher Certificate
(This is an accredited programme with the ETDP SETA)
Why this course is perfect for you?
Do you enjoy interacting with little children? Are you an understanding and caring person with high patience levels? Then you could fit well into a career in Early Childhood Development (ECD).
Whether it’s a hands-on role as an educator working in a preschool or day care service, a health role such as a maternal and child health nurse; or a managerial role running a service, you’ll go home each day knowing that your work is supporting and enriching the lives of children and their families. Early childhood is a growth sector and qualified, committed early childhood professionals are in demand. Your training and education will be rewarded with a satisfying position and you can take your qualification to various sectors.
This course has been carefully designed to provide you with a deeper and more complex understanding of the knowledge, skills, and values required being an effective Early Childhood Development (ECD) practitioner. ECD is one of the most necessary and rewarding career fields available in education today and we have designed this course to be informative, fun and practical, to ensure that you become an active learner. So take on a profession that allows you to mould and shape children to becoming bright, responsible and empowered individuals with the Higher Certificate in Early Childhood Development.
Why study with Damelin?
As soon as you join the Damelin family, you become part of a network of students, lecturers and friends, who will assist and support you during this exciting journey in your life. Our courses are designed to make your learning as comfortable as possible, with facilities that allow you to build your career in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our lecturers will provide all the support and guidance you require, so you leave Damelin with an unforgettable campus experience.
How to get in?
Registering for the Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development (ECD) is simple. We have various touch-points for your convenience. Simply call, email, fill in an online enquiry form, or pop into one of our 17 campuses nationwide, where one of our consultants will gladly assist you.
- English language at NQF 4 /Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF 4 /Grade 12 or equivalent.
- A South African second language at NQF 4 /Grade 12 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
This is a one-year course, in which you will attend full-time classes during the week (based on certificate requirements). A year planner and academic calendar is available at the start of the year with dates and times of classes and campus activities to help you plan your schedule.
Course content and modules
You will cover these modules during the duration of your qualification.
- Explain and apply consistent theories of child development of individual children to inform own practice and planning on an individual basis
Literacy, Numeracy and Life Skills
- Learners are able to describe, plan, prepare, implement, assess and evaluate a Literacy programme, activities and material
- Learners are able to describe, plan, prepare, implement, assess and evaluate a Numeracy programme, activities and material
- Learners are able to describe, plan, prepare, implement, assess and evaluate a Life Skills programme, activities and material
Managing a Learning Programme
- Learners are able to establish and maintain efficient management systems that ensure the effective functioning of the ECD site
Safety, Nutrition and Healthy Development
- Demonstrate the ability to implement comprehensive safety & health policies in a holistic, inclusive & developmentally appropriate way with families and wider community
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Internet and email.
- Confidently conduct a presentation in public
Basic Financial Skills
- Manage Material and Financial Resources
Working with Colleagues, Families and Communities
- To promote effective communication between ECD practice, families and communities
Assessing Children’s Progress
- To select and use appropriate methods for assessing children’s progress on a systematic basis, and establish process for communication with family about their children’s progress
Professional Practice in ECD
- Understand and promote professional accountability in practice
ECD Practical (1st and 2nd semester)
- Planning a Learning Programme
- Facilitating a Learning Programme
- Assessing children
- Evaluation of Learning Programme and self
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace Learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
Materials to stay ahead
A list of prescribed textbooks will be made available at the start of the course. You will also receive an electronic version (e-guide) of this course. Textbooks are excluded from the course fee.
Careers you’d be great at
- ECD Practitioner
- ECD Entrepreneur
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will receive a Damelin results letter outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to ETDP on your behalf for the Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development.
*This programme is offered by Damelin and quality assured by the Damelin Academic Board.