UFH Department Of Library And Information Science, training in Library and Information Studies covers a wide field of study. Apart from the teaching of the technical skills such as Cataloguing, Classification, Documentation, Bibliography, Information and Communication Technologies, Library Organization and Management; studies of other information resource centres such as archives, museums; publishing and printing are included.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teach in almost all areas of Library and Information Science
- Refine the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Participate in community engagement
- Interface focusing on strategic wellness consultation
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
- Produce academic publications, especially accredited ones.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Possession of PhD in Library and Information Science or closely related field for Senior Lecturer or Master’s degree for Lecturer;
- Seven (7) years University teaching experience with proven research output for Senior Lecturer, and 5 Years for Lecturer
- Ability to teach, conduct research and supervise postgraduate students’ projects in at least two of the following areas: Research Methods in Librarianship; Information Processing and Retrieval; Computerized Cataloguing; Information Systems and Information Management; Cataloguing and Indexing; Information Technology and Archives and Conservation and Preservation of Records and Archives;
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects
- Sound interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
1. E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification to: email@example.com
2. Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
3. No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
4. Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
5. Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.
The University reserves the right NOT to appoint