Wits Bus Schedule, Transportation is provided by the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg for:
- Wits registered students that require transportation from Wits Main Campus to the Wits Education Campus, Wits Health Science Campus and Wits Management Campus for academic activities.
- Wits registered students residing in Wits residences that are managed by Wits Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) to the various Wits campuses and residences.
- Wits Health Science students are transported weekdays to the following Teaching Hospitals for academic activities:Chris Hani Baragwaneth Hospital, Helen Joseph Hospital, Rahima Moosa Mother & Child Hospital, Oliver Tambo Memorial Hospital, Natalspruit, Union Hospital, Tara, Sterkfontein and Edenvale Hospital.
NO STANDING PASSENGERS ALLOWED
- The Operating Licence in conjunction with the Public Road Transport Permit issued by the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport Johannesburg Office for the bus routes of the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service do not permit standing passengers i.e. the number of passengers on the bus cannot exceed the number of seats in the bus (65 seats = 65 passengers allowed).
- This is in terms of and subject to the provisions of the Road Transportation Act, 1977 (Act 74 of 1977).
- The conveyance of passengers on the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service is restricted to the route descriptions stipulated on the Public Road Transport Permit.
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE BUS
- Wheelchair access
Two Inter Campus buses have wheelchair access and operate as follows:
- Route 1 – Wits Inter Campus Circuit Route (All campuses | Wits Residences (excluding Wits Junction)
- Route 4 – Wits Main Campus | Wits Education Campus (Direct)
- Wits Main Campus (East & West Campus) – Amic Deck, Yale Road, Braamfontein
- Wits Education Campus – Bohlaleng Block, Parktown
- Wits Junction Residence – Junction Road, Parktown
- Blackwood Avenue (PKV and EOH)
- St Davids Place (Knockando)
- Rennie House Residence (REN)
NOTE: There are NO WITS INTER CAMPUS BUSES DIRECTLY TO THE HEALTH SCIENCE CAMPUS (WITS MEDICAL SCHOOL).
Wits students requiring transportation to Wits Health Science Campus (Wits Medical School) need to take the Inter Campus Bus Service to Wits Education Campus and then walk across to the Wits Health Science Campus (Wits Medical School).
Times indicated are departure times from the Wits Main Campus (Amic Deck bus stop), Wits Education Campus (Bohlaleng bus stop) and Wits Junction Residence bus stop.
The times indicated at other stops are approximate times of arrival/departure and could be negatively impacted due to adverse traffic and road conditions, accidents or power outages experienced on the route.
General Campus Bus Schedule 2018 – Updated 9 March 2018
Wits Hospital Bus Service 2018 – Effective from 2 January 2018
WEEKEND BUS SERVICE
A weekend bus service is available to transport Wits registered students residing in Residences that are managed by Wits Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) to Rosebank.
- The timetable for the weekend bus service is available on the General Campus Bus Schedule 2017
- There is a Rosebank bus on Public Holidays for Wits residence students.
COMMENTS & ENQUIRIES
In the event that you wish to comment on the service or have any enquiries, please provide feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Services Transport Department
Tel: (011) 717-9008 or (011) 717-1794