Damelin Bcom Accounting
Damelin Bcom Accounting,
Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting – BCOM
Full Time and Part Time I SAQA ID: 58004 I NQF Level: 7 I Credits: 360 I Course Type: National Qualification
Why this course is perfect for you?
Do you have a good head for numbers? Can you balance a cheque book and handle multiple financial transactions without making any errors? If so, invest in your career by adding the Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting to your skills set.
Professionals in the field of Accounting fulfil a variety of different roles, and are some of the main players in a company because they monitor and record the flow of money through the business. Using numbers and financial statements, an accounting professional manages a company’s, or an individual’s financial health by using their skills in maths, accounting, law and finance. One of your main responsibilities will be to verify the accuracy of all money transactions, and ensure that they are legal. Other tasks of a ‘bean counter’ include analysing profits and losses, providing financial reports to investors and owners on how their business is doing over a period of time, maintaining payroll, reviewing budgets, paying suppliers and resolving monetary discrepancies.
From Auditors and Accountants to Tax Managers and Treasurers, there is a high-demand for skilled experts in this rewarding field. The Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting will provide you with a solid grounding in the academic theories of commerce, with a significant practical component based on assignments and case studies. Increase your ratio for success by entering the field of Accounting.
Why study at Damelin?
As soon as you join the Damelin family, you become part of a network of students, lecturers and friends, who will assist and support you during this exciting journey in your life. Our courses are designed to make your learning as comfortable as possible, with facilities that allow you to build your career in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our lecturers will provide all the support and guidance you require, so you leave the Damelin home with an unforgettable campus experience.
How to get in?
Registering for the Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting is simple. We have various touch-points for your convenience. Simply call, email, fill in an online enquiry form, or pop into one of our 17 campuses nationwide, where one of our consultants will gladly assist you.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to degree studies.
- Grade 12 Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy is a requirement.
- If applicants have not done Mathematics or Mathematics Literacy and Accounting to Grade 12 level, they will be required to attend tutorials in addition to lectures for Accounting and Maths Literacy.
- The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution (English), coupled with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or even better, four subjects chosen from the designated subject list.
- Students who achieve 25 points or more may be admitted to the degree programme with no restrictions.
- Applicants 23 years and older, with four Grade 12 subjects, and with at least 3 passes in one sitting, with a minimum 3 E’s (SG) and one E (HG) symbols, may apply for a conditional exemption. At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wish to study.
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption.
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner. A year planner and academic calendar is available at the start of the year with dates and times of classes and campus activities to help you plan your schedule.
Course content and modules
You will cover these modules during the duration of your diploma.
YEAR 1: SEMESTER MODULES
*Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated.
Financial Accounting 1A*
Business Management 1A *
Financial Accounting 1B*
Business Management 1B *
** You have an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. If you pass, you will be awarded credits and will not be required to attend classes for this module.
YEAR 2: SEMESTER MODULES
Financial Accounting 2A*
Financial Accounting 2B*
Cost and Management Accounting
YEAR 3: SEMESTER MODULES
Financial Accounting 3A*
Corporate Governance Practice
Financial Accounting 3B*
Materials to stay ahead
A list of prescribed textbooks will be made available at the start of the course. You will also receive an electronic version (e-guide) of this course. Textbooks are excluded from the course fee.
Careers you’d be great at
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Business Manager
- Cost Estimator
- Tax Manager
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting.
Take your education to the next degree
Go even further with a higher qualification. With this degree you can study further at Damelin or another accredited institution.
*Admission to further your studies remains the prerogative of each institution and its academic council.