UNISA National Diploma: Engineering: Electrical Clinical Engineering Course
|Qualification stream:||Clinical Engineering|
|Qualification code:||NDEEN – CEN|
|Maximum time to complete this qualification:||8 years|
Qualification admission requirements
Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Diploma endorsement) or equivalent
with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning, 50% in
Mathematics and 50% in Physical Science, if any Physics or Chemistry
modules form part of the curriculum of a selected qualification, or at least N4 Mathematics passed with a minimum of 50% and N4 English, or N4 Communication, or N4 Communication Technology passed with at least 50%, and at least N4 Engineering Science passed with a minimum of 50%, if any Physics or Chemistry modules form part of the qualification.
a Senior Certificate (SC) with at least a D symbol on HG
or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning, and with
at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in Mathematics, and a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in Physical Science, if any Physics or Chemistry modules form part of the curriculum of a selected qualification, or at least N4 Mathematics passed with a minimum of 50% and N4 English, or N4 Communication, or N4 Communication Technology passed with at least 50%, or and at least N4 Engineering Science passed with a minimum of 50%, if any Physics or Chemistry modules form part of the qualification.
Applicants who comply with the minimum statutory admission requirements but do not meet the additional College requirements, may follow Unisa’s alternative pathway. Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements should consider applying for a lower level qualification for which they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received your student number:
- R105 for online applications
- R160 for hard copy applications
Please note that this application fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa.
Click here to find out more about Unisa’s student fees, and the bursaries and loans for Unisa students.
Applications for admission to undergraduate higher certificates, diplomas & degrees, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas, the Postgraduate Certificate in Education & BTech degrees will be open from August – September
Applications will however close earlier on August for the following two qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Work (90088)
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work (90011)
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission.
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Additional support for this qualification via TVET colleges
Unisa has an agreement with various Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer classes in a selected number of qualifications. These classes have proved to generally improve the throughput rate of students who enrol for them.
Take note of the following:
- Make sure that your TVET college of choice offers support in your qualification.
- Apply for admission during Unisa’s application period via your TVET college or via Unisa.
Unisa will send the necessary information about registration dates and the registration process to all successful applicants who have confirmed their acceptance of Unisa’s offer. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/register for registration information.