Wits Online Application Fee, Wits is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum three degrees (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for international applicants, is required.
Closing dates – All 2019 applications for undergraduate full-time study have closed. Applications for 2020 will open in March 2019.
30 June 2018 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology30 September 2018 – All other University programmes; Residence applications. Additional FormsDoes your degree programme have additional selection procedures? Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Testing. Please click on Additional Forms below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for International citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use the unique payment number as a reference
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
- EFT – Use your person/student number as a reference.
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment email will contain a person number (which will become your student number).
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
To view all correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal page, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
To check your Application Status on the Self Service Portal go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documents
- To upload supporting documents, go to the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 Results. The results must be certified and bear your school stamp.
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate. A physical copy of the certificate, certified, must be handed into the Wits Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Wits University.
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 4 – Acceptance of Offer
- Current Matriculants may be made a conditional offer (depending on Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programmes have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT)
- Offers can only be confirmed after receiving final matric results
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference
- Successful applicants will receive communication offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation programme
- Communcation will include further instructions (e.g. pay deposit or attend interview)
- Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), if applications are still open for your new selection
- Contact your Admissions Consultant
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za