There are several Agricultural Schools in South Africa Offering different types of programs and courses. Below are the three major areas in Agricultural.
- Agronomy: Agronomy is about the soil, and how the crops will grow in different kinds of soil.
- Agriculture Engineering: Agriculture Engineering is learning about how the different machines work.
- Horticulture: Horticulture is all about the fruits and vegetables and how to grow them.
Meaning and Types of Agriculture
- Shifting Cultivation (rotating crops).
- Intensive Pastoral Farming (focused on grazing animals).
- Subsistence Cultivation (seeking out a living; often done for consumption by family).
- Commercial Cultivation (usually focused on cash crops such as cocoa, cotton, palm oil, etc
List Of Agricultural High Schools In South Africa
Phandulwazi Agric High School
Hoër Landbouskool Marlow
Winterberg Agric High School
Jim Mvabaza Ss School
Zwelamandlovu Ss School
Sonqishe Ss School
Loyiso Ss School