UWC Questions

UWC Questions, below are some frequently asked questions in the University of Western Cape.

When can I apply?​

Applications for 2019 open on 12 May 2018 and close on 30 September 2018. Applications for Bachelors of Dental Surgery​ close on 31 August 2018.

How can I apply?

Applicants are encouraged to apply online via the online application portal (https://www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Pages/default.aspx). Applicants wanting to submit a hardcopy application may collect these from the University and submit their application form at the University or via post. Applicants may not apply via email or fax.

What is the application fee?

There is no application fee

How many programme choices may I apply for?

Undergraduate – You may apply for a maximum of 2 choices

Postgraduate – You may apply for ONE choice directly via the online application form and for an additional programme via https://form.myjotform.com/81222161060541

When and how will I receive the outcome of my application?

Current Grade 12 applicants, will receive an acknowledgment letter via email after the completion of the online form. Thereafter, you may receive a PROVISONAL selection letter via email notifying you as to whether you have been provisionally accepted or not. Please note that this will only be a provisional selection and does guarantee you a place to study in 2019. A FINAL selection will only take place in January 2019 after final results have been released.

All other applicants (not currently in Grade 12) will receive an acknowledgement letter after the completion of the online application form with instructions relating to the submission of required documents. In order for your application to be considered complete all required documents must be submitted as required. Faculties will consider each application and make FINAL offers as is necessary. You will receive communication via email in this regard by no later than January 2019.

Can I apply with my mid-year grade 12 results for undergraduate programmes?

Applicants currently in grade 12 may either enter their final grade 11 results or their mid-year grade 12 results online or on their hard copy forms.  Selection for applicants who completed grade 12 will be done based on their final grade 12 results.

Do I get credits for courses offered at colleges?

You may enquire at the relevant faculty to verify credit applications.  

What procedures do I follow if have not received a response from the University?

You may call the UWC Contact Centre on 021 959 23900/01 to enquire or email admissions@uwc.ac.za.

Do I need to apply again if I have applied the previous year and have not been accepted?

Yes, an applicant is required to fill out another application form for each academic year.

How do I apply towards a NSFAS bursary?

You may apply directly to NSFAS by completing their online application, https://my.nsfas.org.za/mynsfas/selfservice.html​​​​