Damelin Logistics Courses, Logistics Management improves the efficiency of each department within a business by streamlining its operations and costs and therefore increasing its profitability. The programme in Strategic Logistics Management covers all aspects of strategic logistics management: From theories to strategies and operational guidelines, emphasising the impact of this discipline on customer service, transportation, warehousing, order processing, purchasing, importing and exporting.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Strategic Logistic Supervisor
- Strategic Logistic Manager
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant strategic logistics management experience would be an advantage i.e. in an occupation in which they will practice these Transport, Operations and Logistics competences.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 68 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
- Logistic roles in the economy and company
- Supply chain management
- Customer service
- Financial impact of inventory
- Inventory management
- Managing material flow
- The logistics-manufacturing interface
- Transportation and transportation strategies
- Computer technology and traffic management
- Materials handling, computerisation and packaging
- Procurement procedures
- Global logistics strategies
- Importance of an effective logistics organisation
- Measurement and control of the performance of the logistics function
- The strategic logistics plan
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Strategic Logistics Management Certificate.