University of South Africa UNISA is inviting all interested persons to apply for Postgraduate admission this academic year. The school accepts applications from students inside and outside South Africa. Interested applicants are to pay the Application Fees requested by the school in other to access the application form
University of South Africa UNISA Postgraduate Online Application Procedure
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application.
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer for the 2022 academic year, you may only register for the qualification and specialisation for which you received an offer. You may also only register for the 2022 academic year. Should you decide not to register for the 2021 academic year for any reason, you will need to re-apply for admission in 2021 for the 2022 academic year.
Please note: The University of South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any offer for admission to the 2021 academic year should it be found that you do not meet the statutory, college, and/or minimum admission requirements for the qualification to which you have been admitted. In such a case, the university will refund any registration fees paid towards the said qualification.
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) stating all the years of registration, modules passed and percentages obtained (internet copies will not be accepted)
* International students must also upload a copy of the university ledger.
** A SAQA evaluation may be required for international students
*** Final-year students (excluding Unisa students) who do not yet have an official academic record indicating completion of qualification must upload the official academic record to Unisa by 31 January 2022. Submission after this date could delay the processing of your application.
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
* Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offense in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.