CPUT Jobs Indeed
CPUT Jobs Indeed,
Technical, Administrative and Research Assistant to the Research Chair: Oceans Economy (CPUT Internal Staff only)
- Matric and 2 years experience working as a Technical, Administrative and/or Research Assistant
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite including Access and PowerPoint
- Manage various logistics involved in organising events such as SANAP biennial Conferences
- Provide input into the content for the various courses/workshops and conferences
Interaction with partner organisations
- Correspond with partner organisations regarding matters of existing or potential MoU’s/MoA’s
Data management for the Research Entity, including management of spatial layers and GIS
- Create and manage database
- Management of research outputs
- Management of spatial layers and GIS frameworks
Assistance to and management of students in the field
- Logistical support, guidance and management
Assistance with reporting
- Assist in the development of progress reports
Financial management of the Research Entity
- Detailed financial reporting of all expenditure within the Research Entity
- Remaining up to date with all budget balances
- Working within the financial processes of the university
Assistance with student registration and administration
- Assisting students through the registration process
- Create a student database with relevant contact details etc.
- Liaise with students as required
Procurement and office management for the Research Chair
- Purchasing of all equipment, stationary etc. as required
- Maintaining stock and asset lists
- Obtaining required quotations
- Following up on outstanding orders
- Office management including filing, reporting, answering of telephones and emails etc.
Management of the Research Chair: Oceans Economy diary
- Setting up required meetings
- Ensuring that no clashes of meetings/events occur
- Liaising with the Research Chair with regards to emails and any meeting or even attendance that is required
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to review literature and create literature reviews
- Proof reading capabilities
- Knowledge of the various organisations with which partnerships exists
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (at various levels of engagement)
- Data capturing and database management skills
- GIS capabilities
- Ability to produce summarised and detailed reports
- Good working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite including Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Aptitude for science, technology and research
- People management skills
- Working knowledge of CPUT protocols and procedures regarding registration and financial processes
- Financial management skills
- Time management
For enquiries please contact: 021 – 959 6265
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICACTION BY OUR PANEL.
Lecturer : Cost and Management Accounting
- To teach allocated subjects according to syllabus, and ensure updated and relevant workplace context.
- To support the department, school and faculty in pursuing its academic objectives.
- To contribute to academic initiatives undertaken by the department, school and faculty to enhance teaching and learning environment, especially in the field of Management Accounting..
- To develop and facilitate building of young researchers in the field of Management Accounting in the department and faculty.
- Masters degree in Management Accounting (with an underpinning NQF 7 qualification in Cost and Management Accounting).
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience within a higher education environment or relevant industry experience.
- At least five Journal Publications in Accountancy and / or Accountancy Education.
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience within a higher education environment or relevant industry experience.
- Research supervision experience
Academic Development – Identifies students at risk timeously and develop intervention strategy.
Academic Management – Sets annual objectives pertaining to academic subjects and review teaching and learning practices.
Administration – Administer student attendance registrar, assessment records and uploads learners’ results. Examine and moderate assessments and examinations. Reports progress on the syllabus developments.
Community Service & Outreach – Contributes to community initiatives by integrating community interventions into curriculum.
Counseling – Provides counseling and mentoring to learners.
Curriculum and Assessment – Contributes to curriculum development of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Participates in curriculum review to ensure alignment with industry and professional standards. Reviews and update assessments methods and practices. Reports on subject pass rates and participates in subject reviews.
Quality Assurance – Contributes to Quality Assurance through committee meetings and submission of relevant documents. Monitors the impact of QA recommendations within the department and implements appropriate interventions.
Recruitment / Admissions / Marketing – Contributes to the planning for “Open Day” and attends “Open Day”.
Personal / Professional Development – Keeps abreast with developments in HR field of study and their implications for curriculum. Keeps abreast with developments of professional conduct within the University. Register as a member of professional bodies to keep abreast of all developments. Engages in current professional developments activities.
Human Resources Management – Adhere to University performance management system and identify training needs for career development.
Industry Advisory Board and Partnerships – Liaise with commerce and industry on Experiential Training, new techniques / technologies and research projects.
Research – To co-publish at least one high quality article in an accredited journal. Supervising post graduate students. Lecturing post graduate subjects. Keeping abreast of professional literature.
Health & Safety – Ensure compliance with University health and safety rules and regulations.
Teaching and Learning – Lectures both undergraduate and postgraduate subjects. Compiles subject guides in compliance with University rules. Uses appropriate teaching methods, practices and technologies. Develops learning materials for students. Assists students with problems in learning situation and appointment of tutors / mentors. Workload allocation may change according to departmental / faculty needs as determined by Head of Department.
- Adaptability and flexibility to higher education environment
- Coaching & mentoring of learners / students
- Effective communication with students and staff
- Interpersonal skills
- Learner / student focused
- Developing learners
- Formal presentation skills
- Managing / balancing work commitments
- Professional knowledge and research endeavors
- Quality orientation and good work standards
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Planning and organizing skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
For enquiries please contact: 021 – 959 6265
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.