The following guidelines may be useful when you apply to UCT:
When to apply
Applications open in April every year and you should try to submit an application as soon as possible after that date.
An application fee must be paid for every application, except in the case of most graduates of UCT. Please refer to the fee structure for more information.
Submitting results and documents
Current learners at school must make sure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of grade 12 are submitted. Failure to submit these results may result in delays.
Transferring students should submit all transcripts and academic records as early as possible.
Monitor your application
It is a good idea to monitor the status of your application. You can do this online.
Apply to UCT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UCT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- You will need to have registered for the NBTs before applying online.
- You will need to pay an application fee.
- Need accommodation? Make sure you mark this on your application form.
- Remember to check faculty-specific requirements before applying.
- Please note: Postgraduate applicants can only apply online.
How to Apply Online
UCT has one online application portal for all applicants.Apply to UCT Residence
You will be able to indicate whether you would like student accommodation on your application form. Please note that applying for student housing is part of your application process. Student housing places are limited so UCT has a criterion for allocating these places.
Application Fees for UCT
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.