University of South Africa UNISA is inviting all interested persons to apply for Undergraduate admission this academic year. The school accepts applications from students inside and outside South Africa. Interested applicants are to pay the Application Fees requested by the school in other to access the application form
How To Apply For Undergraduate Admission
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience (FYE) MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Applications for admission to Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) will be open from 1 September to 30 November 2021.
Upload Supporting Documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable