University Of Johannesburg School Of Tourism And Hospitality, the School of Tourism and Hospitality (STH) in the College of Business and Economics. A vibrant, multicultural and dynamic School in the University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the pace and energy of cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it carries. Proudly South African, the University is alive down to its African roots, and well-prepared for its role in actualizing the potential that higher education holds for the continent’s development. The phenomenal success story of the University is one that has surprised critics and won over sceptics. Being an institution that prides itself on its accessible excellence, after only 11 years UJ has established itself as an institution of global excellence and world-class stature.
The University of Johannesburg’s School of Tourism and Hospitality was ranked 20th globally, (only African university), for Hospitality and Tourism Management by global ShanghaiRanking Consultancy, we also scored 1st in Tourism and Leisure studies by QS ranking. A great achievement and affirmation for the STH. We can confidently say we are the best that Africa has to offer in Tourism and Hospitality Management tertiary education. #WeDoTourism
Why Study at STH:
- Scored 1st in Tourism and Leisure studies in South Africa and on the continent by QS ranking
- Ranked 20th globally, (only African university), for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- STH in the College of Business and Economics at UJ is an established, leading and credible institution.
- STH offers recognized, exceptional higher education qualifications, by providing varied tourism and hospitality qualifications.
- UJ is a Comprehensive University in South Africa that offers both vocational diplomas and degrees with articulation from undergraduate B Tech degrees into post graduate academic qualifications, including a Masters and a PhD (when entry requirements are met for the specific qualifications).
- Undergraduate qualifications (diplomas and degrees) articulate into postgraduate academic programs.
- STH offers bursary support for eligible applicants.
- Work integrated learning opportunities are part of the undergraduate curriculum of the diploma courses, ensuring applied technical and professional competencies when entering the workplace.
- STH combines more than 40 years of heritage and industry networks that are well established.
- State of the art training facilities that allow students to gain valuable hospitality experiences.
- STH facilities, in addition, offer a platform for students to showcase their culinary and food and beverage expertise through banqueting, conferencing and fine-dining experiences offered at STH venues, which are open to the public.
- National and international partnerships, providing excellent career prospects for students.
Contact the School of Tourism and Hospitality