CPUT Wifi Settings
CPUT Wifi Settings,
Connect your Android device to the UCT wireless service
Before you connect to the UCT wireless service, your device must comply with UCT Networking policies:
- Your device must have the latest operating system updates or patches (available via your device’s Software update feature).
- Your device must have an up-to-date anti-virus software program (there are numerous well-known apps available for mobile devices).
Failure to comply with these requirements puts you in violation of the Policy on unsecured computers at UCT – and you could lose access to the UCT network.
Automatically set up your computer using eduroam CAT
Manually set up your device
Instructions may vary slightly, depending on your version of Android. However, the actual configuration settings (step 4) are correct for all versions of Android.
- Turn your device’s WiFi On.
- Access your device’s Settings > WiFi.
- Select the eduroam wireless service.
- When a dialog box prompts you to enter configuration settings, enter the following:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: leave as blank / unspecified / Do not validate
- Identity: firstname.lastname@example.org (where “username” is your student or staff number)
- Anonymous identity: leave this field blank
- Password: UCT network password
- IP settings: DHCP (you may have to Show advanced options to view this field)
- Tap Connect (or OK).