How to Use and Access MyUNISA Student Forum
Figure 1: Discussion forum on myUnisa (Source: http://www.unisa.ac.za/)
1. Select the discussion forum page by clicking on this link. Note that every subject has its own forum.
2. Changing the layout The discussion tool uses two frames to display discussion topics and replies. You can change the layout to a vertical (two-column) or horizontal (two-row) layout by using the ‘view drop down list’. In the Column Layout, the left frame shows the hierarchy of categories, topics and replies. Clicking on a topic or reply shows the content of the message in the right frame. In the Row Layout, the top frame shows the hierarchy of categories, topics and replies; the content appears in the bottom frame.
3. There are tools to expand all message categories and topics or to page through the messages one by one.
4. There is a search engine to search for a specific message.
5. Black triangle – in front of the line with the topic title. Expand or collapse a topic or category to enable you to see all the postings. If the black triangle points to the right it indicates the collapsed view of that