Damelin TV And Radio Presenting Fees, are you a confident person with an outgoing personality? Do you have the ability to think on your feet and deliver a speech with a clear speaking voice? Then a dynamic career in broadcasting is the perfect outlet to express your individuality and skills.
Presenters act as the public face or voice on television and radio programmes; they are responsible for introducing and interviewing guests, linking segments, and generally holding the show together. Radio and TV presenters entertain and inform programme audiences on national and regional stations, and satellite channels. As a presenter, you can appear on various types of programmes including: news and current affairs, sport, music shows, chat shows, children’s entertainment, game shows, and specialist programmes such as travel, gardening, history and DIY. Your look, personality and presenting style are all important parts of this trade.
This Damelin certificate is designed to introduce you to the fast-growing broadcast industry. Once qualified, you will be able to demonstrate specialised skills and techniques such as performing in front of various audiences and using your voice as effective a communication tool in a professional manner.
Why study with Damelin?
As soon as you join the Damelin family, you become part of a network of students, lecturers and friends, who will assist and support you during this exciting journey in your life. Our courses are designed to make your learning as comfortable as possible, with facilities that allow you to build your career in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our lecturers will provide all the support and guidance you require, so you leave Damelin with an unforgettable campus experience.
How to get in?
Registering for the Damelin TV and Radio Presenting Certificate is simple. We have various touch-points for your convenience. Simply call, email, fill in an online enquiry form, or pop into one of our 17 campuses nationwide, where one of our consultants will gladly assist you.
- English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member
Time you will spend on the course
This is a one-year course, in which you will attend full-time classes during the week (based on certificate requirements). A year planner and academic calendar is available at the start of the year with dates and times of classes and campus activities to help you plan your schedule.
Course content and modules
You will cover these modules during the duration of your certificate.
- Formal equipment and elements in radio studio are investigated
- Meanings in radio production are explained
- Appropriate theoretical models to analysing radio forms are investigated
Television Studio Production
- Knowledge of preparation in a television studio is investigated
- Processes and skills to present on television is demonstrated and applied
- Quiz and light entertainment programmes on radio are investigated and evaluated
- Planning and produce two programmes within the genres of quiz and light entertainment
- Media projects are identified, devised, negotiated and agreed upon
- Project specifications are generated
- Local government organisations governing media industries are investigated
- Characteristics of a documentary are identified
- Principles of creating a documentary are discussed
- English 1st language
- South African 2nd language
- Mathematical literacy
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace Learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills
Materials to stay ahead
A list of prescribed textbooks will be made available at the start of the course. You will also receive an electronic version (e-guide) of this course. Textbooks are excluded from the course fee.
Careers you’d be great at
With this programme, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Television Presenter
- Radio Presenter
- Continuity Radio Presenter
- Voice Over Artist
- Dubbing Artist
- News Anchor
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will receive the Damelin TV and Radio Presenting Certificate.
Take your education to the next degree
Please enquire at the nearest Damelin campus for the prospectus containing post-certificate studies.
*This programme is offered by Damelin and Quality Assured by the Damelin Academic Board. This is not an accredited NQF programme, but a Damelin certificate.