UJ Values, below are the values of the University Of Johannesburg.
|We encourage and inspire free, independent and critical thought aimed at developing a better future for UJ and society by:
- Shaping the future by encouraging an imagination-driven vision of the future;
- Developing a cosmopolitan identity and a culture that embrace diversity;
- Exhibiting ambition and drive;
- Creating an environment conducive to free, independent and critical thought that inspires ‘bright ideas’ for the enhancement of our academic and community uplifting endeavours.
|Through facilitating open, respectful and meaningful dialogue, we encourage an inclusive environment that embraces diversity by:
- Leading consultatively and constructively and making wise decisions collectively;
- Learning together from and through our diversity;
- Providing platforms and opportunities for meaningful engagement with one another and our stakeholders through mutual respect and listening;
- Creating an inclusive environment and nurturing the diversity of cultural expression through processes of mutual interaction, support and empowerment.
|We are dynamic, progressive, responsive and innovative in our endeavour to provide access to global academic excellence and to promote the common good in a sustainable way by:
- Developing sustainably through creative contribution and renewal;
- Making positive change through innovating for the common good;
- Taking advantage of opportunities;
- Providing access to students to excellent educational opportunities across a wide range of fields and disciplines and at various levels;
- Constantly working to enhance the quality of our programmes and services;
- Providing a rich extra-curricular environment for students;
- Pushing boundaries, overcoming barriers with courage and surpassing expectations.
|We nurture and actively promote an ethos of honesty, transparency, accountability and fairness in all our endeavours by:
- Treasuring academic freedom;
- Seeking balance in the pursuit of knowledge;
- Earning trust through credible and principled conduct;
- Acting responsibly by being fair, consistent and transparent;
- Participating in and developing the community;
- Being truthful and trustworthy at all times;
- Conducting our business ethically, in good faith and to the best of our ability;
- Honouring our commitments;
- Honouring information that is private and confidential;
- Client Advocacy – we serve our clients with distinction