MBA / MPHIL Bursaries
There are a limited number of scholarships/ bursaries available for MBA full time and modular students. Please note that a confirmed place on the programme is a precondition for all funding.
- Bertha Centre MBA and MPhil Scholarships were created to nurture a new generation of social innovators, and to explore entrepreneurial solutions to help solve some of the urgent social and environmental problems of our time. These bursaries are open to both South African and African students each year. You can find out more information and apply for the scholarship on the Bertha Centre page.
- Business Women’s Association for South African women with the desire to succeed as corporate managers and the ability to equip themselves appropriately – for more information, please contact the BWA directly as this is administrated by the BWA.
- Molteno Brothers’ Trust Scholarship for South African MBA students with an agricultural/economics background and the stated intention of working in the agricultural sector. Up to 75% of fees are paid with one student per year benefitting.
- The Sainsbury Fellowships awarded by the Sainsbury Management Fellows’ Society (SA) for South Africans from previously disadvantaged backgrounds who are qualified engineering or science graduates that intend to a) continue to work in South Africa and b) continue to work in the engineering or science sectors or related sectors after completing the MBA programme. Scholarships are either awarded for full-time or modular study and could include full or part funding of the tuition fees. A fully paid for research study to Cambridge University is also available for exceptional candidates that also have a career path mapped with a specific employer in the engineering or science fields.
Molteno Brothers’ Trust Scholarship and Sainsbury Trust Fellowship bursary applicants are required to complete and submit the GSB scholarship application form.
- NRF/DST Scholarship opportunity for Masters students in innovation in South Africa:
For more information go to http://www.nrf.ac.za/funding.
- Limited funding is available for Ph.D students from the UCT Postgraduate Funding Office. Please refer to the UCT website for more information.
- South African citizens can approach any major bank as all the major banks can arrange study loans at a reasonable interest rate. You may have to have a guarantor if you are studying full time.
- South African citizens can also approach EduLoan for a study loan
- US and Canadian citizens may be eligible for their Governments’ funding programmes.
- Other citizens should approach banks or loan institutions in their own countries as a first point of call. Alternatively, please see the “Helpful websites if you’re searching for International or Local Scholarships” section on the UCT website.
International Student Funding
Prodigy Finance is revolutionising student finance. Their innovative model offers alumni- funded loans to international students at the world’s top business schools, including the UCT Graduate School of Business.
While banks base their loan decisions on historical salaries, Prodigy looks to the future. They assess applicants’ future earning potential (based on the past achievements of similar graduates) to determine loan affordability.
Their model is borderless, allowing them to offer competitive rates to over 150 nationalities of students.
EligibilityAccepted students into the full time MBA class of 2017 are eligible to apply for a loan with Prodigy.
Interest rates vary depending on individual applicants. See more detail about the terms and conditions, and how to apply for a loan on Prodigy’s website.
Why choose Prodigy?
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral or guarantees required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
Student loans are concluded in advance, and are disbursed 10 days after the start of class.
All students are required to pay the acceptance deposit in order to secure a place on the programme.
Prodigy Finance Ltd is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and entered on the Financial Services Register under firm registration number 612713. Prodigy’s registered address is Palladium House 1-4 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7LD.