Fees and payment
For comprehensive information about fees and payments, please consult the Fees booklet for 2018.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 must be paid when applying to CPUT.
- If late applications are accepted, a late application fee of R150 will be charged.
- Paying an application fee does not mean that your application was successful.
Student Accounts and Payment Terms:
- Applications fees
- Deposit after being accepted
- Deposit before registration
- Dates for Payment or Terms of Payments
Fees for local & Refugee students must be paid by the following deadlines:
- Annual Fees are payable in monthly instalments from February to November at the rate of 10% of the fees.
- First semester Fees are payable in monthly instalments from February to June at the rate of 20% of the fees.
- Second semester Fees payable in monthly instalments from August to November at the rate of 20% of the fees.
Fees for International students must be paid by the following deadlines:
- On or before Reg: 50% of the total Fees
- On or before the end of May: Remaining Balance
Final exam results of students who have not paid their fees in full will be withheld.
- Methods of Payments:
- ABSA Direct Deposit or Electronically (EFT) – Banking Details.
- Debit Orders: This facility is available Here.
- Enquiries can be made to the Student Accounts Department:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 021 959 4340/ 4342/ 4341/ 4343
Accounts settled before the due dates below will be eligible for settlement discount.
- Annual Fees paid on or before the End of February 2018 – 5% Discount
- First Semester Fees paid on or before the End of February 2018 – 2.5% Discount
- Second Semester Fees Paid on or before the end of August 2018- 2.5% Discount
Staff/ Family rebates
Staff rebates can be collected from Human Capital: Application for rebates must be done annually during the registration period. Staff Rebate Application Form
Terms and conditions of the Staff Rebate, as well as its processes.
In cases of where two or more students from the same immediate family (brother, sister, parent, child) enrol at CPUT during the same year. For more information on sibling discount, please see the Student Fee Booklet.
The preferred method of payment is via direct deposit or EFT, to the following bank account:
|Bank||ABSA Bank, Public Sector Western Cape|
|Account name||Cape Peninsula University of Technology|
|Account type||Current account|
|Swift code||ABSA ZA JJ (for payments made outside South Africa)|
|Reference||Your CPUT student number|
Payments can also be made at the CPUT cashiers at the various campuses on Monday-Friday between 8:00-16:30.
For information about financial aid, please visit our Financial aid and funding section.
Students with sponsors or bursaries
External bursars often request an estimate of student fees before awarding the bursary. This can be obtained from the CPUT website, where the course is listed under the corresponding faculty page, or from Student Finance Department.
A student who has received a bursary or a sponsorship must produce written proof thereof. A copy of an application for a bursary will not be accepted. If the student has a sponsor who is paying their fees, a letter from the sponsor should be presented when registering. The letter should be addressed to the Cape Peninsula University of Technology and include a declaration stating:
- exactly what the sponsor will cover
- the period of sponsorship as well as any special conditions that pertain to the sponsorship
- the full contact details of the sponsor, as well as the contact person and/or department
A similar letter will need to be presented by the student at any subsequent registrations.
Contact the Student Finance Office
All student account enquiries and quotations for student fees can be made to the Student Finance Office.
Tel: +27 21 959 4340
Tel: +27 21 959 4341
Tel: +27 21 959 4342
Tel: +27 21 959 4343