Welcome to the University of the Free State! Pick a bright future with us and start your application to study in 2022 now!
Visit our online application webpage. You can apply using any device.
Proceed through the easy steps and submit your electronic application. Upload copies of the following in PDF or JPEG format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID or passport
- Your parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- National Senior Certificate, if you have already matriculated
- Your Grade 11 final results with the school’s stamp
- Grade 12 June results with the school’s stamp
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities, only if you are an international student. Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption.
Before you proceed with your application, kindly take note of the following important facts:
Application to study an UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME in 2021:
- You can now apply for Bachelor of Nursing online (No hardcopy applications will be accepted)
- If your second choice of study is in another Faculty, kindly send us an email with the programme you want to add as a second choice to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full names and ID number for ease of reference. Add your student number if this has been provided to you.
- Before you start your application process, make sure you have
- an active email address and a reliable cell phone number
- scanned copies (not photographs) of your identity document/passport and grade 11 final results.
- latest academic transcript and certificate of conduct if you are transferring from another tertiary institution
- Applications for all other programmes open on April 2022.
- For more information on the programmes we offer, click UFS 2022 Prospectus
Kindly contact the Faculty of your choice for details of when applications will open.