Wits International Office, Internationalisation is an important part of the Wits Business School mission, enriching the learning experience for students through exchange programmes, trips to iconic business destinations, international guest speakers and visiting professors from world-leading business schools. Our curriculum has an African and global focus and many of our permanent academic staff members come from outside of South Africa. Furthermore, our internationalisation efforts continue to establish WBS globally as an African institution of the highest quality and academic excellence.
Download the WBS Student Exchange Fact Sheet 2018
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (Wits), is a leading research and postgraduate university in the commercial heart of Africa.
- Apply to Wits
- Sign and return Letter of Acceptance from the University to validate acceptance or accept offer on the Student Self Service Portal.
- Valid Passport
- Apply for Study Visa. (When collecting your Study Visa, check the date of issue and expiry. Ensure that the visa is issued for the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg or any of its variations
- Apply for South African Medical Aid Cover with a registered South African Medical Aid Provider until 31 December (Refer to Medical Aid section under “Applying to Wits”)
- Travel arrangements to South Africa
- Please carry a set of clothing in your hand luggage
- Arrange for funds for fees and living expenses
- Arrange for shuttle transfer to Wits University or place of residence
- Undergraduate students should bring their Original School Leaving Certificates and /or Tertiary Qualifications for Matriculation Exemption