UFH has released the 2022 entry requirements for successful admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREES
• Minimum of level 4 in English 1st Additional Language or
• Minimum of level 3 in English Home Language.
• Minimum of Level 4 or better in four 20-credit subjects from the designated list, excluding Life Orientation.
|QUALIFICATION||MINIMUM STATUTORY ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
|Bachelors degree||Pass NSC with an achievement rating of 4(50-59%) or more in 4 (four) subjects|
|Diploma||Pass NSC with an achieving rating of 3(40-49% )or more in 4 (four) subjects|
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE AGE APPLICANTS
Mature age applicants (turning 23 years during year of registration), who have met the requirements in bullets 1 – 3 above, qualify for admission to main stream programmes. They need to apply for conditional exemption from HESA.
|Agricultural science||Life science|
|Business Studies||Mathematics of Mathematical Literacy|
|Engineering Graphicsand Design||Religious Studies|
Applicants who wish to enroll for a degree programme need to ensure that four of their seven subjects are from the designated list.
Senior Certificate (pre-2008)
A candidate is expected to possess a minimum level of proficiency in English language. A pass mark of at least E symbol on SG is considered to be sufficient. A pass mark of at least an F symbol on HG English 1st language is also considered to be sufficient.
A Matriculation Exemption or Further Education and Training Certificate.
A standard qualification to study for a degree is a Matriculation endorsement or equivalent.
|S Symbol achieved inGrade 12 subjects||Grade of Grade 12 subjects|
How to calculate your minimum admission point score (APS)
ARE YOU A INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT WITH FOREIGN SCHOOL-LEAVING?
All applicants with non-South African school-leaving require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa for admission into an undergraduate qualification. For more information regarding the Matriculation Exemptions please visit the Matriculation Board website on www.he-enrol.ac.za
The University of Fort Hare will also submit applications to the Matriculation Board on behalf of the applicant on submission of the following:
Form M30E (also available from the matriculation board website); Copies of educational qualification (certified at the University); Copy of Passport or birth certificate (certified at the University);
Exemption application fee charged at R400.00 (payable at the University); and
Sworn English translation of documents required where applicable.
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website: www.saqa.org.za
Student selection and admissions process
1. Students receive application forms from the Students Registration Office through the post/contact.
2. These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted per-Faculty.
3. Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty Manager, HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
4. Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system.High scores are considered first in chronological order
For interview programmes students are invited for presentations prior to selection.The current matrics are provisionally accepted pending their matric final results and availability for admission into programmes, plus NBT results.The application forms are checked and signed by the Faculty Manager according to the admission status. Once the forms are signed, they are given back to the Students Registration Office to capture the status which is then communicated to the students as backup.The Faculty keeps records of the accepted students as backup. Wait listed students are considered after registration of accepted students.Accepted students get notification from the Students Registration Office.
Alice Campus Tel.: 040 602 2016 / 2053/ 2122/ 2174/ 2281
East London Campus Tel.: 043 704 7155 / 7266 / 7004 / 7139
Public Universities In South Africa
- University of Cape Town UCT Requirements
- University of Fort Hare UFH Requirements
- University of the Free State UFS Requirements
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Requirements
- University of Limpopo UL Requirements
- North-West University NWU Requirements
- University of Pretoria UP Requirements
- Rhodes University RU Requirements
- University of Stellenbosch SU Requirements
- University of the Western Cape UWC Requirements
- University of the Witwatersrand WU Requirements
- Mpumalanga University UMP Requirements
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Requirements
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Requirements
- University of Johannesburg UJ Requirements
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NMU Requirements
- University of South Africa UNISA Requirements
- University of Venda UNIVEN Requirements
- Walter Sisulu University WSU Requirements
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Requirements
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Requirements
- Central University of Technology CUT Requirements
- Durban University of Technology DUT Requirements
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Requirements
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Requirements
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Requirements