UJ Educational Psychology
UJ Educational Psychology, The Department of Educational Psychology consists of 12 full-time staff members who work with the support of a number of tutors, support staff and professional expert practitioners to offer programmes and modules in teacher education and the preparation and development of teachers, professional counsellors, and Educational Psychologists.
Our programme in Educational Psychology has been recognised by our peers as a distinguished programme, and special reference is made to our emphasis on community educational psychology. We take pride in the fact that in 2008, this programme has been rated by the HPCSA as exemplary.
Apart from the educational psychology foundations courses we offer to the teacher education programme of the UJ Faculty of Education, we also offer Masters’ and Doctorate qualifications in all the four areas of our work:
- Educational Psychology professional preparation and specialisation programmes
- Learning, cognition and development
- Inclusive education and learning support
- Life and career orientation
Inaddition to teacher education, the Faculty also provides a career path in the field of Educational Psychology.
Students can register as:
1) school counsellors after completing and Honours in Educational Psychology and a Board Exam at the HPCSA or
2) educational psychologists after completion of the Master’s in Educational Psychology and passing of a Board Exam at the HPCSA upon completion of an internship.