- Applications are only open to South African Citizens
- Undergraduate & Post Graduate recognised programs (Preference given to Full Time registered students)
- Your application for funding will be assessed based academic performance and Financial Eligibility (means test)
When can I apply?
- Seniors can apply 1 June till End October
- New first years 15 January till End February
The UWC is committed to providing access to students who have the potential to succeed.
The University does not compromise on the standards of excellence required to obtain certificates, diplomas or degrees.
A flexible admission system and equitable selection procedures are used to ensure that students from all sectors of the community have a fair chance for gaining access to tertiary studies.
In order to study at the University of the Western Cape candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- The National Senior Certificate (NSC) required for Degree, Diploma or Higher Certificate study, as appropriate
- A minimum number of points calculated on the university’s points system
- A pass at the required level in each of the subjects specified for the programme into which the candidate seeks admission
Where there is competition for places in any particular programme (i.e. where the number of qualified candidates exceeds the number of available places) student selection will take place on the basis of criteria that have been determined by faculty selection committees.
To apply online click here
- You may apply for a maximum of TWO programme choices
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Dentistry, Community and Health Sciences and Law
- There is NO application fee payable
- Applications close on 30 September 2020
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement Of Application
- After completion of the online application form you will receive a letter via email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
- The acknowledgment letter will contain your APPLICANT NUMBER
- This applicant number is to be used in all communication with the University
- You will also receive a brochure indicating the SUPPORTING documents that you will need to submit to the University by the application closing dates for your application to be considered complete
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documentation
- To upload supporting documents, go to http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za/ complete the form and upload the required documents
- Current Matriculants do not need to upload any supporting documentation
- Already Matriculated: Upload your matric certificate/foreign school leaving certificate
- Attending Another Tertiary Institution: Upload a certified copy of your academic record and certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar
Step 4 – Offer To Study
- Successful applicants will receive communication via email offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation for 2021
- Once a FIRM/FINAL offer is received, applicants will be required to ACCEPT the offer within the designated time
- Should you not ACCEPT your offer in the designated period you will forfeit your place to study (your offer will expire)
- You may however, call or email the UWC Contact Centre and enquire as to whether your offer is still available even after it has expired and have it accepted on your behalf
- Applicants who have accepted their offers will receive communication via email informing them about registration and orientation for 2021.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- Do not submit a new application
- Check with the Contact Centre if you may change your programme choice
- Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre and update your details