2021 University of Johannesburg UJ Online Application Form
- Please click HERE (Digital Booklet) or HERE (Downloadable) to consult the 2021 Undergraduate Prospectus to ensure you meet the minimum entrance requirements before applying.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- The University of Johannesburg will not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) are not part of UJs admissions requirements and applicants are not required to write the NBTs in order to apply or gain admission to UJ. Applicants may however, be requested to write the NBTs in exceptional circumstances where the applicant is in possession of an extraordinary school leaving certificate.